Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A few observations...

For those of you who have been following Cosmo's journey, I thought I would make a few observations for you. The first is that Cosmo loves to help. His favorite thing to "help" with is my work. This began with his pacing across my lap in my chair while I was working. It then progressed to sleeping in my lap. It became lying in my lap for a few minutes, onto the desk, pace to the window, sit and look out the window for a few, then back to my lap. However, I was not giving him "ample" attention today during the pacing route, and this is what it became...


He actually plopped down ONTO my hand while it was on the mouse -- paws outstretched to the keyboard. What a crazy cat!!!

My second observation is this -- Cos is a bit of a klepto. He has tried to steal a number of pieces of paper off of my desk. We've also found him with some of my hair clips and a quarter. However, the BEST of the thefts was early Friday morning when I stepped out of the kitchen and looked toward the living room looking for Cosmo and I saw a Mardi Gras mask walking towards me. It was literally floating above the ground moving towards me. I, of course, could not get to the camera fast enough, but Drew held the mask so you can see what this would look like (without his hand, of course).



Cosmo had stealthily removed the mask from the shelf upon which it rested and got it into his mouth JUST RIGHT so that it looked like he was actually WEARING the mask. Below is a picture of the guilty party trying to look innocent right after dropping the mask. :-D



He cracks us up more and more each day. And also, just for Nolan's knowledge, he made it into the bedroom by Thursday night (2 whole nights later). Drew actually calls him to bed when he's heading that way now! :-) Drew's loving him.

Love & Shipoopies,
Les

1 comment:

Sexy Sadie said...

Cats is the best creatures of all. It is not us (the human beeings) who owns the cat. It is us who are owned by them.