Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back to His Mommy and Daddy

*Blogger refuses to save my paragraph breaks today, so I apologize for the jumble.* We have had one sick little puppy in our house this week. The fever started creeping up around dinner Sunday. At 1am, she woke up crying inconsolably. At 5am, she woke up throwing up. At 8, we went to the doctor, came home, and the throwing up began again. Then she napped a bit. Then her fever spiked up to 104.7 (heart attack!!!). It was a rough day. And this morning, it looks like she either is getting pinkeye OR she busted a blood vessel in her eye while throwing up yesterday. The poor thing is just falling apart. Also the overnight strep test came back positive this morning. Yikes! Now the poor baby worries everytime I give her medicine for her fever, afraid it will make her "get sick" again (throw up). Last night, as I laid her in her bed we had this conversation: "Mommy, I don't want the sick to come again tonight." "No, honey, hopefully the sick is all gone bye bye." "Did he go back to his Mommy and Daddy?" "Ummm, yeah, he went back to his Mommy and Daddy." "Did he go to Will and Ashie's?" (our best friends) "No, I hope not. They don't want the sick either." We said our goodnights and I came down stairs and then I heard, "Mommy! Mommy?" "What, baby?" "Did he go to Nana and Poppa's house?" The way their little brains see it all is just too funny! Love & Shipoopies, Leslie

No comments: