Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Uuuuuuuuuugh!


Last night, Ashie (aka my bestie whose real name is Ashley) and I decided we're gonna start playin tennis post T's bedtime as many nights a week as we can.  We both want to lose weight, and though she'll be doubling up with structured exercise in a gym during the day, for me, fitting in one any kind of exercise a day with a partner who will always go with me and make it fun is monumental.

Now, to backstep for a moment, I feel it's only fair to tell you that it's really not fair to anyone who has ever actually played tennis to use that phrase to describe what we were doing.  I use the phrase for lack of better-suited terminology.  There were raquets and balls and a great deal of running and that ever-present Tennis grunt (Uuuuuuuuugh!).  But tennis it was not.

Our rules are basically "If it's still bouncing, it's in play," and "If there's another ball closer than the one you're chasing, it's ok to switch balls."  We've also decided we need to make sure that the adjacent courts are empty when we play, lest we injure some unexpecting tennis player.

It wasn't pretty.  It wasn't regulation.  It wasn't something I'd do in front of anyone who didn't already love me in spite of my flaws, but it was FUN!!!  And MAN did we get some aerobic exercise (and my abs are even a wee bit sore this morning). 

We reserved a court for two more nights this week.  If exercise could always involve that much laughter, I'd do it way more often. :)

I hope you are all doing well (and still visiting my page even through my long absence).

Love & Shipoopies,
Leslie

1 comment:

Kelli W said...

That sounds pretty much how I play tennis too:) My boys are taking lessons, so pretty soon I won't be able to play with them without embarrassing myself!