Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year's Eve

We spent our New Year's Eve at the Chick-fil-a (Peach) Bowl watching LSU STOMP Georgia Tech. We rode Marta down with Will and Ashley, had dinner in a bar FULL of LSU fans (and met another of our LSU friends there), went to the game, then walked to the Peach Drop for the countdown. All-in-all, it was a very fun evening (though WAY too cold). I will say, though, that I'm still not to the point where I can be completely comfortable being away from Tucker for an entire evening. I had a blast on the way down and at dinner. Then we got to our seats in the GA Dome and my first thought was, "I wish I was home with Tucker." I knew she was already in bed asleep, but still, I just wanted to be there with her so I could look-in all I wanted. I told Drew that I might just have to blow-up the air matress and sleep on her floor that night (though I DID resist the urge when it actually came down to it).
I will say, though, that as much as I wanted to be with her, it never crossed my mind to do what I saw so many parents do - take her out with me into the freezing (literally), VERY windy air to stand for hours downtown for New Year's Eve. I saw TEENIE babies out. I saw three and four year olds out (and with fewer layers than I had on) at MIDNIGHT. The worst was a boy of no more than 12 wearing SHORTS with his flip flops and sweatshirt. If he was by himself, sure, boys will be boys, but he was with his parents!!! What were they thinking?!? CRAZY PEOPLE!!!
A Family photo before heading out for the night

The whole crew - Will and Ashley, Melinda and her brother, and us


This was our view of the field. Our seats were pretty awesome.


At the Peach Drop



The official temperature at midnight
L&S,
Leslie

No comments: