Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Whole New New Year


Last night, on the way to the Chick-fil-a Bowl, my friend Ashley said, "By the end of the night, it will no longer be the year Tucker was born." It got me to thinking. Not only is this no longer the year T was born. It's now the year she will learn to crawl, walk, talk, feed herself, and so many other amazing milestones. As I woke with her this morning, I couldn't help but think that THIS New Year is a whole new New Year -- the year when everything really changes; the year when my perspective on "looking back" and "looking ahead" is totally different; the year when the blessings, accomplishments, and disapointments I count will all revolve around her, not ME. Somehow makes this New Year's Day seem much more monumental.
Here's to the "The Year of T"!!!
L&S,
Leslie

No comments: