Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ahhhhhh


Tucker has finally gotten into a very good routine at bedtime. We can finally put her in the bed, turn on the crickets (a white noise machine), and leave the room. Bedtime done. We haven't rocked her to sleep in ages, but we did spend a long period of lying on the floor beside her crib (usually reading a book) while she fell asleep. This new routine is good and makes my evening hours more productive to no longer be spending 30 min.+ at this activity. Life goes on, children grow and mature.



However, tonight, after an entire day off-schedule and a horrendous (antibiotic-driven) diaper rash, T NEEDED to be held - not to go to sleep, but just for the love and comfort of it. She didn't play (like usual) or go to sleep. She just let me hold her and rub her back (with her caressing my shoulder and ears) for a good, long while. Here's the thing. After about 10 seconds of this, I realized that I NEEDED to be held as well. I had forgotten how comforting it could be for ME to just hold her and rock her while she's still and peaceful. (We don't get still and peaceful much anymore. ha!) It was all I could do to lay her down in her crib to actually go to sleep. I wanted to take her into my bed with me and hold her all night long, being needed and loved, adored even. Oh that sweet girl does me good. And what a wonderful God to give me, not only this little girl, but this magical moment of love with her tonight.



L&S,

Les

3 comments:

Zipidee said...

And you know that travels through Little Bit to Mamo to Munner to your mother to you to Tucker to.....

Angie said...

Totally know what you mean about missing that cuddling time! We now just lay Gabe in his crib rather than rocking him to sleep which I know is for the best but I sure miss holding him close!

Tracey said...

Poor little Tuck. I miss those days also of just simply holding my baby and enjoying the moment. She is so independent now and doesn't want to sit still for anything. So sometimes I go into her room at night after she has fallen asleep and just sit on the floor by her bed and hold her. Or crawl into bed with her (she is in a twin bed) and just lay next to her for awhile. Its the calmest moment I get with a 2.5 year old. Its amazing the power these little ones have over us! My heart belongs to my kid!