Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Wordless Wednesdays On Hold

My pictures from this week are a series and must wait until Friday to be posted in total, so no Wordless Wednesdays today. :) Instead I thought I'd give a little commentary on something my child introduced me to this week.

T, she loves to sing. We sing songs coming and going. We make up new words to the tunes we already know. We just sing all the ding-dang time! One of her favorites is "The Wheels on the Bus" (partly because she's a teensie-bit obsessed with school buses). She's been singing it for ages, but mostly just singing, "round and round" over and over again. Recently, however, with her growing vocabulary and clarity, more verses (which she learned at daycare) have emerged.

It took me a while to figure out the powers trying to undermine my Mommy-hood, but it finally came to light and I was shocked! SHOCKED, I tell you!!!

Do YOU know the verses they are teaching our children these days? Prepare yourself. This may be hard to hear.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town.

The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep; beep, beep, beep; beep, beep, beep. The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep all through the town.

The MOMMY on the bus goes Shh, Shh, Shh; Shh, Shh, Shh; Shh, shh, shh. The Mommy on the bus goes shh, shh, shh all through the town.

The DADDY on the bus says, "I love you. I love you. I love you." The Daddy on the bus says, "I love you," all through the town.

That's right, folks! Daddies share their love while Mommies are committed only to silence, apparently.

I'm GREATLY offended.

Stupid bus. ;-)

Love & Shipoopies,
Leslie

4 comments:

Kelli W said...

I don't think I've ever heard those verses before! You should totally switch them around and tell her the teacher was wrong:)

Leslie said...

We've DEFINITELY begun singing it with both the Mommy and Daddy saying Shhh and I love you. :)

Myya said...

My husband has taught our girls... How much does daddy love you, they stretch their arms out really wide. Then he says how much does mommy love you & they pinch their fingers together. What a brat huh!!! Now that the oldest is almost 5 she will not do his little trick anymore. I laughed the first time she refused & smiled at him and said, see what you get for teaching them that in the first place :)

Camily said...

Ridiculous. Really? What happened to "The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish?"

I was going to type an inappropriate verse about the teachers, but didn't want to offend anyone! (But it would have been ok since I was a teacher!)